The NDAEB is aware of the challenges facing many candidates who intended to complete their CPE or take education in-lieu prior to their completion date deadline and were unable to do so due to the unprecedented circumstances of COVID 19.
The NDAEB is committed to fairness, transparency and excellence in the services it provides to candidates, and will be granting an extended grace period of 6 months for candidates to be able to apply for the “NEXT AVAILABLE” CPE examination sitting or obtain education in lieu.
The grace period will be revisited in the event the nationwide restrictions surpass the six months granted.
The National Dental Assisting Examining Board (NDAEB) continues to monitor the national and international concerns related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Our first priority remains the health and well-being of our candidates, our examiners and our staff. We also care about our partners and stakeholders and our ongoing cooperation.
Following is the latest information related to NDAEB examinations and clinical evaluations:
- The June Written Examination and June AND August Clinical Practice Evaluations have been
- Candidates who registered for the March 2020 sitting of the written examination, which was also cancelled, are currently being scheduled for an examination in late June primarily utilizing on-line proctoring. This sitting is fully registered.
- We are currently surveying DA programs who normally would have completed their programs in June, to determine when the best possible NEW examination date would be for the most candidates. We are calling this sitting the “Next Available Exam” until a firm date can be established.
- The NDAEB closed registration for three weeks, in early April, to build a new on-line registration system that allows us to register candidates remotely (as we are prohibited from attending the workplace as per Ontario government requirements for COVID-19).
- On-Line Registration is now open for written exam candidates so that they may register for the ‘next available examination’. We do not anticipate this examination being offered before sometime between late August and early October depending on the needs of DA programs and as determined by the survey.
- The ‘next available examination’ will be via computer-based testing in computer testing facilities so as to address social distancing concerns and allow NDAEB to access non-public testing facilities.
- We do encourage early registration for candidates who are able. Early registration allows us to assess demand and begin scheduling of examination centres. It also will allow us to contact candidates directly so as to provide them the latest information. However, candidates are not required to register at this time if unable to do so due to finances. Candidates may register up to 6 weeks before the exam once the date of testing is determined. Registering sooner than later will also help candidates schedule their exams at a convenient time. We anticipate well over 1200 candidates will register for the ‘next available examination’ and schedules are likely to fill up quickly.
The NDAEB’s requirement for all exam eligible dental assisting programs remains unchanged. All theoretical and practical components of the curriculum must be taught prior to the issuance of a diploma, to maintain exam eligibility. To the extent that programs are able to teach theoretical components on-line, we support this approach as being necessary under the circumstances.
Registration now open for the next available Written Examination
The National Dental Assisting Examining Board (NDAEB) continues to monitor the national and international concerns related to COVID-19. Our first priority remains the health and well-being of our candidates, our examiners and our staff.
The NDAEB is actively updating its systems during COVID-19 to ensure that it can offer its written examinations to candidates at the earliest possible date following graduation.
If you previously registered for the March 2020 examination, which was postponed due to COVID-19, the NDAEB will contact you to place you in a special sitting of our written examination at a future date.
If your dental assisting program has been suspended but you are planning to write the NDAEB examination once your program is complete this summer or fall, the NDAEB has opened up on-line registration to allow you to participate in the NEXT AVAILABLE EXAMINATION. The date of this examination will be determined once the majority of Dental Assisting programs across Canada are able to complete the delivery of both theoretical and clinical components of their programs, including practicums. Registering now will ensure that you have a spot in the examination. Because of the delays caused by COVID-19 we anticipate that registration for our next exam will be the largest number of candidates in our history. Therefore please register as soon as possible to ensure yourself a spot.Register Today
The National Dental Assisting Examining Board (NDAEB) continues to monitor the national and international concerns related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Our first priority remains the health and well-being of our candidates, our examiners and our staff.
Effective immediately the NDAEB has cancelled the May/June Clinical Practice Evaluation (CPE) at all locations.
All candidates will be notified by email. Candidates will automatically be rescheduled for the August sessions at the same location.
There is no action required by candidates at this time and they will receive information about the August sessions six weeks prior to the event.